Bug with xinerama

Tanjeff-N. Moos tanjeff at not-another-server.net
Thu Apr 12 04:59:06 EDT 2007

I found a bug in openbox, but am not sure wether it is an openbox bug
or an firefox bug.

I have xinerama with 2 displays of different sizes. In particular it is
my notebook together with an external Monitor. The screens are related
as follows:

  +--------------------+
  |                    |
  |                    |
  |       Screen       |
  |          1         |
  |                    |
  |                    |+----------+
  |                    ||          |
  +--------------------+|  Screen  |
                        |     0    |
                        |          |
			+----------+

Now, when I move firefox to the botton of screen 1 so that the menubar
is barely visible, the menus will not completely be on the screen, but
be invisible:

  +--------------------+
  |                    |
  |                    |
  |       Screen       |
  |          1         |
  |                    |
  |  | File  Edit  |   ||          |
      |Save|            |     0    |

This is not a problem with the menus, of corse, but for my
switchproxy-menu, for example. GTK-apps and KDE-apps seems not to
suffer from that problem.

Tanjeff