[openbox] resize maximized windows

Tanjeff-N. Moos tanjeff at not-another-server.net
Wed Apr 11 14:08:50 EDT 2007

On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 19:48:31 +0200
Martin Lucina <mato at kotelna.sk> wrote:

> With a multi-head setup, a maximimzed window will cover only one head.
> It's sometimes easier to maximize an app, then go and resize it.
> Being able to move it (to the other head(s)) just by dragging would
> also be useful.
This is not only for multihead-setups useful. I'm used to drag my
Windows to the next Desktop just by moving them (maximized ones as well
as non-maximized ones). For multihead it would be extremely useful when
a maximized window is resized to fit the other screen after dragging
it. So does Metacity, for example. Usually the dock is only on one of
the screens, leading to different sizes for maximized windows. In
addition one may have Monitors of different size (and thus resolutions).

Unfortunately I have no time to code that :( Maybe someone need it so
he is motivated to do this? ;-)

Tanjeff