[openbox] 3.3 rc2---major bug!

Clay Barnes clay.barnes at gmail.com
Sat Sep 30 15:04:27 EDT 2006

> > On 9/29/06, Mikael Magnusson <mangosoft at comhem.se> wrote:
> > > You only followed half of my suggestions, what I want to do is compare the
> > > output of xev with the output of xmodmap.
> > > But I also tried your rc.xml and noticed some warnings about
> > > move/resizerelativehorz/vert actions, is it only them that don't work? Do
> > > any bindings with the win key work for you? I'm not exactly sure why they
> > > wouldn't work, but you can upgrade to 3.3.1 and use move/resizerelative
> > > (no horz/vert) instead.
> > >

> On Fri, 29 Sep 2006, Clay Barnes wrote:
> > Any function bound to the window key is broken.  No others are, however.
> >
> > I don't see what I skipped in your suggestions, though.  Do you want
> > my xmodmap input file?  More context from my xev?  (I've gotten about
> > 12 hours of sleep in the last week (literally), so I'm a bit
> > intellectually sloppy at the moment).

On 9/29/06, Mikael Magnusson <mangosoft at comhem.se> wrote:
> In my original reply i said this:
>
> Please check that the output of "xmodmap" and what you get when you press
> the win key in xev
> agree.
>
> For example on my computer:
> % xmodmap
> ..
> mod4        Meta_L (0x73)
>
> I'm not sure how it could be said any clearer. Of course, if you stopped
> top posting I wouldn't have to throw away the whole thread every time.

1)  Sorry about the top-posting.  I just got seriouslt flamed for
*not* top posting somewhere else, and I let that "correction" slop
into this list.  (for ease of reference I've reconstructed the
exchange in this mail)

2)  My error in misreading "Please check that the output of "xmodmap"
and what you get when you press the win key in xev agree." was to miss
two words "Please check ___ the output of "xmodmap" and what you get
when you press the win key in xev ____."  I'm a phrase reader, so when
I have sub-consious expectations about what I'm about to read, I
sometimes miss words that make it differ from that.

3)  I'll get the relevant (correct) information when I get home.  I'd
test through ssh, but I don't have any systems capable of X tunneling
at my girlfriend's house.

4)  I'd appreciate a friendly reminder of "no top posts!" or whatever
is relevant next time I make a list faux pau.  I am perfectly capable
of altering my behaviour before it becomes an accute issue.  (and if
you look at my past postings, they are nearly always done correctly)