[openbox] 3.3 rc2---major bug!

Mikael Magnusson mangosoft at comhem.se
Fri Sep 29 18:30:38 EDT 2006

On Fri, 29 Sep 2006, Clay Barnes wrote:

> I'm using 3.3, rc2, and I have an extensive set of keybindings in my
> rc.xml.  I developed them on an earlier version of OB, and I have not
> changed them in a while.  I upgraded OB, and now they are mostly
> disabled.  I think the thing all the disabled bindings have in common
> is they use the "Windows" (Meta4/Super) key.  I know the XML is valid,
> so I assume that either the syntax is broken or changed.  I'm
> attaching my rc.xml file in hopes that you can instruct me on how to
> fix the issue.
>
> Thanks,
> Clay

Please check that the output of "xmodmap" and what you get when you press
the win key in xev agree.

For example on my computer:
% xmodmap
mod4        Meta_L (0x73)

% xev
state 0x10, keycode 115 (keysym 0xffe7, Meta_L), same_screen YES,

Also check if the state field changes when you hold down the win key while
pressing other keys, it should add 0x40 to whatever the value is without
it (at least that is what happens here).

I would of course also suggest upgrading to the latest version but it
should be unrelated in this case.

--
Mikael Magnusson