[openbox] Obmenu feature requests

Manuel Colmenero m.kolme at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 13:17:48 EDT 2006

El jue, 07-09-2006 a las 07:16 -0400, Bryan Moore escribió:
> Ubuntu Dapper has menu.xml in /home/usr/.config/openbox/menu.xml.

That's your custom menu, but when you don't have one, openbox will look
for the default one. It must be somewhere outside your home dir. Could
you do a "locate menu.xml | grep openbox" for me?

I want to know whether it has a different place in other distros other
than these:
/etc/xdg/openbox/menu.xml
/usr/local/etc/xdg/openbox/menu.xml

> I would love to see a mutant obmenu with something like menumaker
> built-in; that would rock.

I've never tried menumaker before, but for what I've read, it's a bit
like "obm-xdg --import", isn't it?

obm-xdg is a tool bundled with obmenu that can act as a pipemenu or
generate a normal menu. It follows the freedesktop.org standard, so you
get a gnome/kde menu.

Anyway, you can always generate the menu with menumaker and edit it with
obmenu :-P

Thanks!