[openbox] slit order

Lucas Hazel lucas at die.net.au
Sun Oct 1 19:54:58 EDT 2006

> I'm loading several dockaps through a bash script that gdm starts,
>
> example: wmCalendar && wmcube && wmclockmon && wmsmixer && exec openbox
>
> however, every time my openbox session starts ,these apps load in
> diferent order :(
>
> is there a way to set up locations of each dock app in the slit?
>

> Cheers,
> Kreso

Generally it's a good idea to check the archives before asking simple
questions, as this particular question has been asked coutless times.

(Hmm, I just had a look at the archives on the website and there is no
search function, so I guess it's ok to ask)

Openbox does not provide slit ordering functionality. However this can
easily be achieved by adding a sleep command between each of the
dockapps that are run, for example.

wmfoo
sleep 2
wmbar