[openbox] focus follows mouse and keybinding raise/lower window

Clay Barnes clay.barnes at gmail.com
Mon May 8 23:04:44 EDT 2006

On 14:18 Mon 08 May     , Emile Snyder wrote:
> Hi,
>
> From the FAQ:
>
> Q: When I lower, raise or move windows with a keybinding, focus doesn't
> follow the mouse!
> A: This is a feature, how large is the chance that the mouse
> accidentally enters a window you want to focus when you move or
> lower/raise something?
>
> Uhh, for me, 99% because I'm always sending windows to the back of the
> stack to *get at what's behind them*.  I've switched to openbox recently
> because blackbox makes my gnome panel based desktop take forever to
> start up (presumably because it's waiting for a session type connection
> to time out since blackbox doesn't support sessions?).  The focus issue
> is a deal killer to me.
I recall at some point someone asking about forcing focus to be
recalculated.  You might look into that, though someone else will have
to tell you how to do it.  I think that the idea is you can make a call
of some sort that focuses the window that the mouse is currently in.

Anyone able to help me out on this one?