[openbox] 64-bit problems, new release?

Troy Curtis Jr troycurtisjr at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 23:40:02 EST 2006

Ah well, so that wasn't my issue.  I guess I'll take this oppurtunity to
pick the collective brain of this list.  I have two issues:

1) Ever since getting my new-fangled AMD64 and reinstalling Gentoo with the
2006.0 release (32 bit install), I have not been able to get fbpanel to
run.  It fails with this error:

error is /usr/share/fbpanel/plugins/taskbar.so: undefined symbol:
a_NET_WM_STATE

Do you see why I thought I had a similar issue to Martin?  I have the
lastest fbpanel I can find (4.3) and I just installed a openbox cvs.  Of
course the wrench is that I am using the new X7: Modular X.  I suspect that
this is the real root of the problem.  Perhaps some of you are familiar with
this symbol and can point me to the library so that I maybe submit a bug
report.  As a note, I just ran perlpanel and it does show my task list just
fine.

2) I created a openbox pipe menu script to provide an interface to my Music
Player Daemon.  It was based in large part on another guys (I'm too lazy to
look up his name) python script.  I added a playlist listing functionality,
drawing on the obm-dir concept of breaking up a large list into multiple
submenus.  This works fine up until about 500 entries.  Then one menu tries
to keep from going off the top of the screen and the submenu tries to not go
off the bottom.  This is aggravated by the fact the the top of the submenu
refuses to move from it's postion directly to the right of the pipemenu
item.  Is there a (builtin) way that I can tell that submenu to not achor to
it's parent?

Thanks ahead of time for all your help!