[openbox] OB3 important missing human-interface feature!

David Courtney blixel at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 20:42:33 EDT 2006

> At least on my box, they grow to the edge of the screen, not to the next
> application edge.  Is this a bug, or the intended use?

Dude, are you talking about the maximize button?

Consider the following:

<keybind key="C-A-R">
        <keybind key="Left">
                <action name="GrowToEdgeWest"/>
        </keybind>
        <keybind key="Right">
                <action name="GrowToEdgeEast"/>
        </keybind>
        <keybind key="Up">
                <action name="GrowToEdgeNorth"/>
        </keybind>
        <keybind key="Down">
                <action name="GrowToEdgeSouth"/>
        </keybind>
</keybind>

When I press CTLR+ALT+R, and tap the right arrow key, it *grows* the
window to the border of the window to the right.  Not to the edge of
the screen.

I've figured it out and I didn't even know this feature existed until
your original post.  Then Mikael lambasted me for not reading the
docs.  And I pointed out that I have read the docs, but I didn't even
realize what the feature was talking about - based on the description
in the docs.