shrinking all the windows when connecting via VNC ?

Marco Molteni molter at tin.it
Tue Jan 24 11:32:13 EST 2006

I have remotehost with a screen resolution of say 2000x1000, on that
host instead of vncserver I use x11vnc, which allows me to share the
same physical view (like running vncserver on windows), and I connect
to it from localhost, which has a screen resolution of say 1500x500.

What I do now is to resize by hand the various windows, so to see them
all inside the vncviewer window, which I keep maximized and undecorated
(via devilspie).

Is there a trick to resize all my windows (or the desktop) automatically,
instead of forcing me to do it by hand? wmctrl? Any hint?

thanks
marco
--
He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself
without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine,