[openbox] Problem with gnome desktop

Eric Binet bineteri at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 13:18:43 EST 2006

On 1/15/06, Mael Hilléreau <mael.hillereau at free.fr> wrote:
> I can't figure out what causes this problem, but when it arises, I
> noticed that if I create/close one or more windows, it turns out to
> disappear -- but it rapidly reappears while creating/deleting some other
> windows.
>
> Does anyone have an idea about what could be the reason for this bug ??

I know that Nautilus draws the desktop in gnome by default. My guess
is that this is a problem with Nautilus. Maybe the problem does not
arrises in Metacity because it manages the desktop differently. I
would try a third window manager to see if the problem is with
openbox.

Bear in mind that if it works in the third window manager, it still
doesn't proove the problem is with OB.

--
Eric Binet
a.k.a. bineteri