[openbox] theming: change win title height / menu title height

Jonas J Linde jonas at init.se
Mon Jan 9 15:12:42 EST 2006

And Iwan Gabovitch spoke unto the world. And said:
>Hey there,
>I was wondering what magic word(s) to put in the 'themerc' file to make
>the menu title dissapear or the window title height change.
>I found the file /usr/local/include/openbox/3.3/openbox/theme.h and the
>from the lines 43/44
>
>"    gint title_height;		"
>"    gint menu_title_height;	"
>
>I tried "window.active.title.height: 14" and "menu.title.height: 0", no
>reaction. I did 'refresh/reconfigure' openbox.
>I am sure there is a way to get some kind of order working to change
>window/menu title sizes, just don't know how..
>I'd be glad if there is hope for me being helped ;) my version is 3.3rc2

Changing the font size and padding works. Eg.

  padding.width: 0
  window.active.label.text.font: Bitstream Vera Sans:pixelsize=0

The menu bar doesn't disappear but it gets rather small (two pixels
wide). I guess what you're after is to make all windows "undecorated"
but I'm not sure how to do that except from the window menu.

Cheers,
--
Jonas J Linde <jonas at init.se>  http://www.init.se/~jonas/ +46-707-492496