[openbox] decorated windows

Jonas J Linde jonas at init.se
Thu Oct 20 14:06:47 EDT 2005

And Clay Barnes spoke unto the world. And said:
>On Tue, 2005-10-18 at 10:06 -0400, Scott F. Kiesling wrote:
>> On Tue, Oct 18, 2005 at 11:11:05AM +0200, Mark Pustjens wrote:
>> >
>> > I was wondering if it is possible to make every window undecorated when
>> > created?
>> >
>> I use devilspie to do this. Put the following in your
>> .devilspie.xml:
>>
>It appears that XML formatting is deprecated...  How do you match all
>windows in the new s-expressions format?

You don't. There's no need to match anything if you want to apply an
action to all windows, just put the action in the config file. Also,
apparently you currently need to put every flurb in one block, like
so:

 (begin
   (undecorate)
   (if (is (window_name) "gkrellm") (pin))
  )

That will undecorate all windows and pin (ie. make sticky) gkrellm.

>Also, where the heck is documentation for that program.  I am stuck
>digging through source to learn how to use it! :-P

Well, the README says:

  I will write more documentation in the future but for now you'll
  have to look at the "symbols" array in src/parser.c to see what
  functions are available.

so I guess the source _is_ the documentation until Ross gets time to
write some.
--
Jonas J Linde <jonas at init.se>  http://www.init.se/~jonas/ +46-707-492496