include docks [gnome panel] in window cycling - patch

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Wed Oct 5 08:53:57 EDT 2005

   For your perusal:  a patch (3.3-rc2) that adds a 'docks' entity to the
Next/PreviousWinow cycle commands.  This allows one to cycle through the dock
windows (in my case, gnome panels) as well as normal windows.  E.g.,

         <keybind key="A-C-Tab">
         </keybind>

   Some points:

- I've only done this for Next/PreviousWindow.  The code would allow for docks
to be targets in the move-focus-directionally (e.g., 'next to the left'?)
commands but I wasn't so certain there'd be a need for that.

- The 'docks' flag isn't inclusive;  I've followed the metacity <spit> premise
here so that the above mapping cycles *just* the panels/docks, not all the
windows /and/ the docks.  I wonder whether there should also be a new
'windows' flag [default TRUE] so that a mapping could be made to include both
in the cycle list.  In fact, you *could* go to town with flags for all the
varied sorts of windows, but getting kbd focus to the panels was my main
priority, as there's currently no way of doing that in openbox.

- Not sure I've updated the rc.xsd correctly.  If I have, I also added the
seemingly missing 'linear' control.

- Also commented out the Next/PreviousWindowLinear in rc.xsd as they don't exist.

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature