[openbox] Gnome 2.10 mouse desktop right click problem

Holly Bostick motub at planet.nl
Wed Jun 8 09:24:46 EDT 2005

Fabrizio Listello schreef:
> ... already disabled...
>

> On 6/8/05, *Guy Banay* <lists.h0lyd4wg at gmail.com
> <mailto:lists.h0lyd4wg at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     It's possible that Nautilus tries to manage your desktop, and
>     therefore intercepts "Right Click" events on it and shows its own
>     menu. You can tell Nautilus not to manage the desktop by running:
>
>     gconftool-2 --type bool --set
>     /apps/nautilus/preferences/show_desktop false
>
>     (this only needs to be done once.)

In that case, are you sure that the command to get the GNOME desktop
menu is still called

gnome-panel-control --main-menu

?

Maybe it changed, which would also invalidate your keybinding.

No, I just looked it up, and that's the right name, but neither

gnome-panel-control --main-menu

nor

gnome-panel-control --run-dialog

appear to actually work when typed into a terminal or into gmrun.

So the commands themselves may be what's broken.

Maybe check GNOME Bugzilla.

Hope this helps,
Holly