[openbox] Recursive filesystem browsing pipe menu, revisited. (Version 3)

Clay Barnes clay.barnes at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 18:32:01 EDT 2005

Well, now that the script is up and running, I have a few ideas that I
might implement, but I lack Perl experience to do them at the moment.

1) Follow symlinks, so symlinked structures are handled like if you were
cd'ing in the console (my home dir is just a bunch of symlinks across
physical discs, so the browse does me no good in ~).
2) Break up long lists of files, which wreak havoc on the menu
placement, causing it to skip up and down the screen when I happen
across /bin/ or similar dirs.
    Perhaps entries past the nth of each level would be listed in a menu
at the bottom labeled (more...), or perhaps this menu would be better at
the top of the list, so the (more...) list wouldn't force the other part
of the menu to jump above the screen.
    Also of consideration would be decrementing the length of the file
list length cutoff at each (or every second) level, so the half-entry
shift down wouldn't slowly push the menu off the screen for deep
directory listings.

Regardless of these issues, I love the script.  I plan to do the work
myself to make the changes, but I sometimes write messy code, and I'll
be without any real 'net access for three months (getting away from it
all, rather against my will) so I won't be able to share 'till August.

-Clay