[openbox] OpenBox3 on dual head system

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Sun Jul 31 18:10:52 EDT 2005

On Sun, Jul 31, 2005 at 10:52:47PM +0200, Mark Gjøl wrote:
>Magnus Therning wrote:
>>>Multiple screens, or Xinerama?  Openbox2 has almost no support for
>>>Xinerama.  Oh, and by the way, Openbox2 and Openbox3 share nothing
>>>other than the name.  There's no code relationship between them.
>>Xinerama, since I thought that was the easiest way to get the sort of
>>behaviour I got on Windows with two screens.
>>I'll try using Openbox3 without to see how I like it.
>
>Openbox3 is _REALLY_ not made to run without Xinerama! Really! Don't even
>bother!

Well, with it it lacks the things I mentioned in my original post. I'll
take a look at the patches mentioned (more exact links anyone?).

/M

magnus at therning.org
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

Microsoft is after all our entertainment technologies. It is an assault on
so many fronts it is easy to lose track.
     -- David Strom