[openbox] Run dialog

Eric Shattow shadow at serverart.org
Fri Jan 14 15:21:01 EST 2005

Tero Grundström wrote:

>In the case of my k6-2, I'd plame slow hardware (esp. memory, 75MHz bus
>speed and pci graphics), but to fulfill your curiosity I'm using Gentoo.
>
>--
>T.G.

Ah, Gentoolinux on a K6-2.  I remember those days....  WTF was wrong
with me? ;-)

My guess would be that maybe this program accesses the sound device, and
his sound is not setup properly (eventually times out).  I doubt that's
it, but you know what I mean. There is likely something misconfigured
here causing the slowdown.

Another possibility is this guy is just lying.

- Eric

Eric Shattow
Gentoo Linux Developer