[openbox] Run dialog

Tero Grundström tero at vuosaari.hai.fi
Fri Jan 14 10:31:57 EST 2005

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005, Md Mooktakim Ahmed wrote:

> However, gmrun, being a GTK app its very slow to load up.

On my AMD K6-2 300MHz, gtk2 apps, including a small program like gmrun,
load and feel quite slow. Loading is slow even when the gtk2 libs are
loaded to memory. Luckily the overall speed of gtk2 is constantly
improving with new versions.

However, even some bigger gtk1 apps load almost instantly on my machine.
So you should try grun, as it is very similar to gmrun but uses gtk1. If
grun doesn't load fast enough, you must be using some *very* slow, or
misconfigured machine.

--
T.G.