64-bits bugs in handling of _NET_WORKAREA, with patch

Tore Anderson tore at linpro.no
Tue Feb 22 06:54:13 EST 2005

  The functions prop_set32() and prop_set_array32() doesn't work
 correctly on AMD64 machines, according to
 <http://bugs.debian.org/295318>.  This causes _NET_WORKAREA to be set
 to bogus values, breaking Nautilus.

  The attached patch is from the bug submitter Tollef Fog Heen, which
 supposedly fixes the problem (I do not have any 64-bits hardware so
 I've not tested it, but it didn't break the ia-32 build at least).

  I've uploaded a new package to Debian built with the patch attached,
 and have so far not received any negative feedback.  Please consider
 adding it to CVS as well.

--
Tore Anderson