[openbox] Drag windows form one desktop to another?

Mikael Magnusson mangosoft at comhem.se
Wed Aug 31 08:58:23 EDT 2005

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005, Christian Schröder wrote:

> Marv Boyes wrote:
>> Hello, everyone. I'm relatively new to both openbox and the list, so
>> please accept my apologies if this has been previously addressed.
>>
>> Openbox3 is great. The only thing I miss from XFce and Fluxbox is the
>> ability to move windows from one desktop to another simply by dragging
>> them "off the screen" and having them appear on the next desktop.
>>
>> Is this (easily) possible under Openbox?
>>
>> Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much in advance.
>>

> clicking on the toolbar to move the window and scrolling with the
> mousewheel is also possible to move it to another desktop. At least it's
> faster than moving the mouse to the edge.
> And of course some nice key bindings make it even better :)
>
> switching desktop with [Win] + ( [Left]|[Right] )
> moving to desktop with [Win] + ( [Left]|[Right] ) + [CTRL]
<snip>
> regards

Here's a handy binding if you're doing something else with your left hand
(such as combing your hair or poking someone with a stick)

   <context name="Icon">
     <mousebind button="Up" action="Press">
       <action name="SendToDesktopPrevious"/>
     </mousebind>
     <mousebind button="Down" action="Press">
       <action name="SendToDesktopNext"/>
     </mousebind>
<!-- ... eventually other things here -->
   </context>

--
Mikael Magnusson