[openbox] Drag windows form one desktop to another?

Christian Schröder fvwm at l7010.de
Wed Aug 31 01:57:17 EDT 2005

Marv Boyes wrote:
> Hello, everyone. I'm relatively new to both openbox and the list, so
> please accept my apologies if this has been previously addressed.
>
> Openbox3 is great. The only thing I miss from XFce and Fluxbox is the
> ability to move windows from one desktop to another simply by dragging
> them "off the screen" and having them appear on the next desktop.
>
> Is this (easily) possible under Openbox?
>
> Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much in advance.

clicking on the toolbar to move the window and scrolling with the
mousewheel is also possible to move it to another desktop. At least it's
faster than moving the mouse to the edge.
And of course some nice key bindings make it even better :)

switching desktop with [Win] + ( [Left]|[Right] )
moving to desktop with [Win] + ( [Left]|[Right] ) + [CTRL]

  <keybind key="Mod4-Left">
  </keybind>
  <keybind key="Mod4-Right">
  </keybind>

  <keybind key="C-Mod4-Left">
  </keybind>
    <keybind key="C-Mod4-Right">
  </keybind>

regards

--
   » celebrate the winter of sorrow «

Let's just be friends and make no special effort to ever see each other
again.