[openbox] [OT] utility to group together (NOT tab) multiple windows ?

LOCSEI, Gabor albero at enternet.hu
Thu Sep 30 15:56:04 EDT 2004

Eredeti uzenet/Original message: (Marco Molteni, Thu, Sep 30, 2004 at 09:23:15PM +0200)
> [Sorry for the OT, hope somebody may help]
>
> I would like to "group" together multiple windows, in a sort
> of "container" window. I am _not_ looking for tabbing or xembed,
> I want all the windows to be visible at the same time:

Weird idea, indeed. I would try the following - in theory, actually I
don't know much about the details, but maybe it can be a starting
point:

You should log in to your own X server from an xterm window, probably
with ssh, then run  the desired apps in this new 'window manager' if it
is even possible.

Sorry if this is a dumb idea, also sorry that I don't have enough time
to  look if it works. Please report if you have some results.

Gabor