[openbox] follow-mouse-focus for selected applications

Mikael Magnusson mangosoft at comhem.se
Sun Sep 26 19:00:11 EDT 2004

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004, Dirk Jagdmann wrote:

> Hello Mikael,
>
>> Yes, change the code. I personally don't like the idea of 25 strcmp's (or
>> possibly regex matchings) every time you move the mouse into a window,
>> but maybe that's just me. Thinking about it for 3 seconds though, you
>> could match the string when the window is managed and set a boolean in
>> the client struct and just check that, good luck.
>
> I'm not afraid to code, but havn't touched any window managers yet, so if you
> could give me some pointers into the code, where I should start to hack away
> that would greatly help me.

I think you want to look at the EnterNotify handler in event.c and some of
client.c and config.c (and corresponding .h files)

> But I also could live with a scenario where different desktops have different
> focus rules. Now I have no idea if this would be any easier to implement or
> more/less efficient than a per-window handling of different focus policies.

Then you would also want to look at screen.c i think.

Another option would be to add an action to temporarily change the config
value for focus follow, there is an example of this in cvs for dock
autohiding, action.c. (i also have this action in my local tree, which is
even easier for you :)

--
Mikael Magnusson