[openbox] Openbox focus on dualhead system

Ed Murphy emurphy42 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 14:45:34 EDT 2004

On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 12:21:17 -0600, Jamin W. Collins
<jcollins at asgardsrealm.net> wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 25, 2004 at 06:20:42PM +0000, David Barr wrote:
> > On Sat, 2004-09-25 at 10:44 -0600, Jamin W. Collins wrote:
> > >
> > > Give Blackbox a shot, it handles Dual Head very well.
> > >

> > good plan, i have always thought the billion other featues and
> > stability of openbox were far over-rated too, lovely blackbox cvs;
> > welcome to several years ago.
> >
> > jamin, plz to be not dragging this mailing list down with inflammatroy
> > mail such as that, no one feels the need to mail the blackbox mailing
> > list to point out its inadequacies, of which it has many.
>
> Excuse me?  There was nothing at all inflamatory about the content of my
> e-mail.  The user had a problem with how Openbox was handling both heads
> of a Dual Head system and indicated that they were going to try another
> window manager to see if the problem was due to Openbox or something
> else (normal troubleshooting procedure).  I simply suggested a window
> manager that I knew handled Dual Head well.
>
> If you want an inflamatory response take a look at your own message
> concerning Blackbox.
>
> Members of the Blackbox mailing list frequently use other window
> managers (and suggest such use to other users) in the course of trying
> to isolate whether their problem is with Blackbox, the application, or
> something else.

Understood, but your message unintentionally carried the connotation
of "switch to Blackbox permanently".  If you'd quoted the part where
the user said "I'm going to try E16 as a diagnostic tool", then David
(and I, and others) probably wouldn't have misinterpreted.