[openbox] Openbox focus on dualhead system

Jamin W. Collins jcollins at asgardsrealm.net
Sat Sep 25 14:21:17 EDT 2004

On Sat, Sep 25, 2004 at 06:20:42PM +0000, David Barr wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-09-25 at 10:44 -0600, Jamin W. Collins wrote:
> >
> > Give Blackbox a shot, it handles Dual Head very well.
> >

> good plan, i have always thought the billion other featues and
> stability of openbox were far over-rated too, lovely blackbox cvs;
> welcome to several years ago.
>
> jamin, plz to be not dragging this mailing list down with inflammatroy
> mail such as that, no one feels the need to mail the blackbox mailing
> list to point out its inadequacies, of which it has many.

Excuse me?  There was nothing at all inflamatory about the content of my
e-mail.  The user had a problem with how Openbox was handling both heads
of a Dual Head system and indicated that they were going to try another
window manager to see if the problem was due to Openbox or something
else (normal troubleshooting procedure).  I simply suggested a window
manager that I knew handled Dual Head well.

If you want an inflamatory response take a look at your own message
concerning Blackbox.

Members of the Blackbox mailing list frequently use other window
managers (and suggest such use to other users) in the course of trying
to isolate whether their problem is with Blackbox, the application, or
something else.

--
Jamin W. Collins

Remember, root always has a loaded gun.  Don't run around with it unless
you absolutely need it. -- Vineet Kumar