[openbox] Wish list

Ed Murphy emurphy42 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 21:24:34 EDT 2004

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 11:47:35 -0700, Ed Murphy <emurphy42 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 22:01:01 -0700, Marc Wilson <msw at cox.net> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, Sep 18, 2004 at 10:40:04PM -0700, Ed Murphy wrote:
>
> > > 1) Ability to resize a window by click-dragging an edge.  If you drag the
> > >    top or bottom edge, then only the height may change; if you drag the
> > >    left or right edge, then only the width may change.  Click-dragging a
> > >    corner would continue to behave the way it currently does.
>
> > Ah.  You mean the ability it already has, then.  Amazing how people will
> > never bother to review documentation.
>
> I _have_ reviewed the documentation, specifically
> http://icculus.org/openbox/docs.php?page=details.html#mousebindings
> but I haven't seen it.  Could you please explain what I've overlooked?

Followup:  Okay, alt+middleclick+drag allows you to resize in
eight directions (NW N NE W E SW S SE) by clicking pretty
much anywhere in the window.  What I'm looking for, though,
is for leftclick+drag on an edge to resize (N W E S) while
leftclick elsewhere behaves normally.  (I tried binding Frame +
Left = Resize, but that catches clicks that it shouldn't, e.g.
clicks on the Close button.)

If there's a way to implement this by editing rc.xml, then I'd
appreciate some pointers.