[openbox] Wish list

Ed Murphy emurphy42 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 14:47:35 EDT 2004

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 22:01:01 -0700, Marc Wilson <msw at cox.net> wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 18, 2004 at 10:40:04PM -0700, Ed Murphy wrote:

> > 1) Ability to resize a window by click-dragging an edge.  If you drag the
> >    top or bottom edge, then only the height may change; if you drag the
> >    left or right edge, then only the width may change.  Click-dragging a
> >    corner would continue to behave the way it currently does.

> Ah.  You mean the ability it already has, then.  Amazing how people will
> never bother to review documentation.

I _have_ reviewed the documentation, specifically
http://icculus.org/openbox/docs.php?page=details.html#mousebindings
but I haven't seen it.  Could you please explain what I've overlooked?

I assume that click-dragging the right / bottom edge ought to
invoke ResizeRelativeHorz / ResizeRelativeVert respectively,
and click-dragging the left / top edge ought to invoke those in
combination with MoveRelativeHorz / MoveRelativeVert
respectively.  So that part's covered.

What I don't see is the appropriate context to which those
actions should be bound.  I see Frame, Titlebar, Handle,
and TL/TR/BL/BRCorner, but none of these seems to match
what I'm looking for.  I would expect to see T/B/L/REdge.