[openbox] OB: composite?

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 09:57:50 EDT 2004

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 03:12:19 -0400, David Courtney <blixel at gmail.com> wrote:
> >  well, it sure doesn't work with openbox :) (3.2, x.org 6.8.0...
> > when i run xcompmgr, all windows that have been opened in that session
> > disappear and the background is all garbled..
>
> Interesting ... I'm not having issue with xcompmgr+openbox.  It has
> vastly improved my screen writes.  But of course the issue I was
> having to begin with seemed to be some kind of anomaly that no one
> else had.
>
> http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=223043

If it helps.... from the fluxbox mailing list:

A more permanent fix is to update to CVS, which has some vague support for
xcompmgr and composite, or to apply this patch:
http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~simonb/fluxbox/fluxbox.xorg_composite_fix.patch

Maybe this support can be used to develop OB support.... (similar WMs and all)
--
Got a question? http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html