[openbox] Images in the menu

Tero Grundström tero at vuosaari.hai.fi
Sun Oct 31 20:11:02 EST 2004

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004, Marc Wilson wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 31, 2004 at 10:38:46PM +0200, Tero Grundström wrote:
> > On Sun, 31 Oct 2004, Mikael Magnusson wrote:
> >
> > > We _are_ only making Openbox for our own enjoyment and we also share what
> > > we have made with anyone who wants it.
> >
> > If so, you are not part of open source community as a whole. What you
> > have here is a tiny, little separate community "in a dark box".
>
> I don't know what "open source community" YOU are part of, but in the one
> I'm part of, things get done because someone is scratching an itch, not
> because of any great altruistic impulse to save the world.

I'm part of the open source community as whole, which naturally includes
all kinds of people world wide (a fact you cannot do anything about).

Let's put it this way: Start a new idealistic community with a punch of
young people who "get the job done". Eventually these young people get old
and don't get the job done.. Do you ditch them because of that or take
care of them anyway like a human being?

Oh yeah well, this is the way modern world works, open source "community"
not being any better (in some cases) - where Microsoft discriminates poor
people, open source people discriminate the ones without programming skills.

--
T.G.