[openbox] Images in the menu

Brett Campbell brett at custom-tech.net
Fri Oct 29 17:00:21 EDT 2004

On Thu, Oct 28, 2004 at 06:55:28PM -0700, Aaron Gyes wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-10-28 at 15:40 -0700, Brett Campbell wrote:
> > this is a JACKED up thread.  anyone who _wants_ icons in their ob menu
> > _should_ be using kde.
>
> That's some "JACKED" up reasoning. Care to explain?
>
> Aaron

don't get me wrong, if you need the eyecandy (like most people) then
yeah, you'll want colorful little icons in your menu.  you'll also
want to install 3ddesktop (http://desk3d.sourceforge.net/).  that's
a nifty use for video ram and cpu cycles.

i was in an elitist mood and happened to be reading the wrong list at
the wrong time. :)  i had just coincidentally seen some upset mac user
flaming dave aitel because he called mac os x a "toy os."  woops.

it was just my opinion that the guy should go back to sipping his latte
and clicking photoshop menus; he obviously didn't know anything about
security or exploit development or attack penetration or defense --
most people don't (and don't care).

 - -B
--
[ Brett R. Campbell ]
 -> Configuration Management / Systems Administration