[openbox] Images in the menu

Holly Bostick motub at planet.nl
Tue Oct 26 07:42:43 EDT 2004

Walt wrote:
> Mark Gjøl wrote:

>>> I wonder how easy it would be able to adapt what is going on with the
>>> desktop listings showing the icons with building the menu with icons
>>> from the beginning?
>>>

>> That was more or less my question. :)  I'm looking for the syntax.
>>

> It is internal to openbox. I am not aware of any config syntax that will
> allow it?
>
> Walt

Looking at the setup, what we know as the 'Desktops' menu appears to be
the client-list-menu (I'm sure you all knew this, but hey).

The configuration for this internal menu isn't set in the menu.xml,
rc.xml or menu.xsd, but it must be set somewhere, and I would imagine
that looking at it would be the first thing to do to see if there is
some kind of syntax that could be added to the user's menus to display
icons (although I am fairly certain that the menu is getting its
information from some other task management process, there must be some
syntax that covers extracting the associated icon and displaying it in
the right location on the menu).

Am I way off the mark, or does this pop a lightbulb over someone's head
;-) ?

Holly