[openbox] openbox pangofication (was: LIGHT arabic patch)

Mohammed Sameer uniball at gmx.net
Wed Nov 10 14:43:40 EST 2004

On Sun, Nov 07, 2004 at 02:22:54PM +0100, Mikael Magnusson wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Oct 2004, Mohammed Sameer wrote:
>
> >Thanks,
> >I'll try commenting the code parts I understand, I can say that I think I
> >understand now the fonts handling, Maybe it's my imagination.
> >I wasn't able to get rid from xft as I'm still having problems getting
> >pango to play with xft.
> >I'm just posting the patch here maybe someone can give me a hand as I'm
> >not yet familiar with the pango API.
> >Maybe what I'm doing is not the Best thing or the right way ;-)
>
> I've committed the patch to cvs with some fixed memleaks and ifdeffed.
> Enable it with --enable-pango obviously. There is that one xft thing left
> that I have no idea what you want to do with.

sorry for being late,

thanks for adding the patch.

do u mean the xftfont is still there ? yes, cause i don't fully understand the code, and some parts I wasn't able to implement using pango.

Anyway, I'll send u a diff in case of anything "I can't say that i'm proud of the code quality ;-)".

--
-- Katoob Main Developer, Arabbix Maintainer.