[openbox] the funny freeze bug returns

Richard Witt rich at bowforiamroot.net
Sat May 1 00:41:45 EDT 2004

* Mikael Magnusson <mangosoft at comhem.se> [2004-04-30 16:42]:
> so it's not quite gone yet, but it doesn't happen randomly in 3.2 like it
> did in 3.1, the only place i have managed to reproduce it is with xmms,
> and slightly modified too, what i'm wondering is if anyone would like to
> confirm the freeze, the address for the patch (also attached) to xmms is
> http://mikachu.ath.cx/xmms-netwm-enable.patch
> it should apply to 1.2.10 i think, after you install, open the playlist
> and double click it's titlebar (save stuff first). i don't think this is a
> bug in openbox or xmms since X continues to be "frozen" after they are
> both killed.

I am getting this w/o messing with xmms. Usually its when i am doing
something in firebird, but sometimes its when the box is idle mostly and
i am accessing it remotely (usually ssh and screen) and the CPU goes up
to 100% out of nowhere.  xmms is always open, as is firebird. but i have
noticed it more when i am actually doing something _in_ firebird as
opposed to messing around in xmms.

--
Richard Witt
Monticello Technologies "Technology that Works"

They are smoking crack. -- Linus Torvalds, referring to the SCO Group's
claim that Linux contains a million lines of code from unix