[openbox] Remember window-settings?

Kristian Niemi rance at mbnet.fi
Tue Mar 23 13:29:02 EST 2004

Just out of curiosity, exactly what are the windowmanagers tasks; what's
windowmanager-specific, and when does it cross over the line and become
a task for `a full featured desktop environment'?

Icons on the desktop etc., /that/ belongs to a `full featured desktop
environment' or some such, or so I've understood it. But remembering
/window/-geometry and -position seems to me to be something related to,
and only to, /windows/, hence I thought that it might be the
/window/managers task to control this?

Seems like Devil's Pie could be the thing I was looking for though, so
thanks to all who've mentioned it (and wmctrl)!

h: Kristian