[openbox] how to prevent openbox to grab keystrokes ?

Marco Molteni molter at tin.it
Wed Mar 10 02:59:08 EST 2004

On Tue, 9 Mar 2004 23:01:20 +0100 (CET)
Mikael Magnusson <mangosoft at comhem.se> wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Mar 2004, Marco Molteni wrote:

[..]

> > What I am looking for is different: a way to _temporarily_ unset
> > the keybindings. This would allow for the keys to be passed to
> > the application that has keyboard focus.
> >
> > For example, if scroll_lock is set, do not interpret the keystrokes.
> > If scroll_lock is not set, interpret the keystrokes as usual.
> >
> > marco
>
> here's a semi-ugly hack for you

Mikael,

thanks for the patch. I corrected a typo (scrolllock_pressed was
written once with 3 L and once with 2 L) and recompiled.

It works half and half, in the sense that if scroll_lock is set, openbox
doesn't grab the keystroke any more (and this is good), but it doesn't
pass the keystroke either to the focused windows (and so it doesn't
work)

thanks
marco