Task-Switching Behaving Strangely

Adam Kessel adam at rosi-kessel.org
Mon Jun 21 10:51:39 EDT 2004

In the last couple of days, task-switching (i.e., the action typically
assigned to ALT-TAB) has changed its behavior, and I can't pinpoint the
cause.  I suspect a recent xserver-xfree86 upgrade, since that's the
main thing to change in the last five days, but I'm wondering whether
this is an X issue or an openbox issue--or both.

If I hit alt-tab really quickly and release, I switch between asks as
expected.  If I linger even for a moment, though, before releasing ALT,
the outline of the window I am trying to switch to appears, but not the
contents, and the graphic in the middle of the screen telling me the
name of the window I am switching to just sticks there.  I have to hit
Enter at that point to actually switch to the window and make the
outline fill in.

Any ideas why this might be?
--
Adam Kessel