[openbox] DesktopUp functionality

Marc Wilson msw at cox.net
Sat Jun 12 22:35:16 EDT 2004

On Sat, Jun 12, 2004 at 09:11:55AM +0200, M.Zdila/EpiSoftware Ltd. wrote:
> How does DesktopUp and DesktopDown action work? In the default
> configuration (after apt-get in debian) it just does nothing except for
> displaying that small dialog showing that I am trying to switch desktop.

As documented, virtual desktop layout is enforced by the pager application
you use, not by the window manager.  So, as long as you leave things as "1
x N", the Up and Down actions aren't going to do much.

> I'd like to configure Openbox to have something like 2D desktop
> switching, not only 1D as I have now.

Then run a pager that allows you to change the layout.

--
 Marc Wilson |     BOFH excuse #194: We only support a 1200 bps
 msw at cox.net |     connection.