[openbox] Skipping Windows in ALT-TAB Task List?

Marc Wilson msw at cox.net
Fri Jun 11 23:09:15 EDT 2004

On Fri, Jun 11, 2004 at 05:03:31PM -0400, Adam Kessel wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-06-11 at 16:48, Mikael Magnusson wrote:
> I don't mind downloading and building tarballs, but when you've got 3000
> packages installed on your machine...

You've got 3k packages installed on your machine?  That's really, really
sad.  I've got 1285 packages installed on my Sid box, and I'm thinning that
out all the time.

> automatically upgrades them when new versions are released, rather than
> having to check all 3000 of them every week or so.

So you don't bother to check them to see if you're potentially replacing a
working version with a broken one, or with one that has any number of other
problems?  That's also sad.

> Also, thousands of Debian users will never even know wmctrl exists
> unless it's in the distribution.

You're joking, of course.  How does it being in the distribution solve
their utter cluelessness?  Joe Stupid can't be bothered to STFW?  He can't
be bothered to learn the slightest thing about how to search for package
that ARE in the distribution, either.

Witness all the utter morons who whine about how Sid is now up to, what,
thirteen CD's?  No, I have no idea what the exact number is, I don't need
to.  I actually know how to use the search tools rather than downloading
umpteen ISO(s).

And it's not Debian's job to worry about whether Joe Stupid knows about
some hacky little tool anyway.

--
 Marc Wilson |     There are two ways to write error-free programs;
 msw at cox.net |     only the third one works.