[openbox] Skipping Windows in ALT-TAB Task List?

Adam Kessel adam at rosi-kessel.org
Fri Jun 11 16:35:14 EDT 2004

On Fri, Jun 11, 2004 at 10:09:00AM -0400, John Russell wrote:
> How is that possible?  Some of these are standard tools that are
> distributed with X.  Others just use the X standard to mine for
> information.  I have never used Debian, but what could be so special
> about it that these won't work on it?

It's not that they don't work in Debian, they're just not packaged for
Debian.  They work fine with the standard method of downloading the
tarball, unpack, configure, make, make install (into /usr/local), but
then you don't get automatic upgrades and the files aren't being
'tracked' by the Debian packaging system.

Actually, xdpyinfo is in xbase-clients, and devilspie is at least in
Debian unstable (soon to be released as sarge).  The only tool that is
not in Debian at all is wmctrl.  I'm a Debian developer and will consider
packaging wmctrl, but I wonder if it wouldn't be better included in one
of the existing packages--maybe with Openbox?
--
Adam Kessel
http://adam.rosi-kessel.org