[openbox] Swap Windows Between Screens in Xinerama Mode

John Russell drjimmy42 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 8 15:58:31 EDT 2004

Adam Kessel wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-06-08 at 15:39, Adam Kessel wrote:
>
>>Okay, here's the resulting script.  It's still fairly clunky, but at
>>least doesn't call wmctrl as many times.  It's too bad there's no way to
>>move the window without unmaximizing and remaximizing it.  Any
>>additional suggestions are appreciated.
>

> One other nice feature would be to just move the *active* window from
> side to side--is there any command line tool that will report back the
> ID of the active window?

I'm not at all sure on this, but I'm not sure if X knows which window is
the active one.  Doesn't the WM know that?  Either way, I can't seem to
find the x* script that knows about the "active" window.  They all
require you to tell them which window you want by either clicking on it
or providing the name/id.  It seems like it should be possible though....

John