[openbox] Sticky minimized apps

Mikael Magnusson mangosoft at comhem.se
Fri Jul 23 22:45:17 EDT 2004

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004, Jeremy Nickurak wrote:

> Somehow I can't get my mind to wrap around the fact that a minimized app
> (which is by definition not on the screen), still has to be on one
> *specific* screen or workspace.
>
> I'm trying to come up with a way to get minimized apps to exist as
> "sticky" until they're restored.
>
> Is this something that openbox would have to do, or something that might
> need to be done with the likes of devilspie? Some creative scripting to
> record what windows are sticky because of minimization so they can be
> un-stickied aftewards? Just impossible altogether currently? :)

Sorry, blame the netwm spec (and wrap your mails). You would have to
change whatever panel you're using to show minimized windows from all
workspaces, then change openbox to have a separate 'minimezed' desktop
submenu, and to bring windows to the current workspace when activating
them. (shouldn't be so hard)

--
Mikael Magnusson