[openbox] two menu files when using a separate taskbar/launcher and other questions

David Barr dpb at clara.co.uk
Thu Jul 22 16:42:49 EDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-22 at 12:22 -0700, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Jul 2004, David Barr wrote:
>
> > > I am researching using different taskbar/launchers, such as fspanel,
> > > fbpanel, and taskbar.
> > > Are there others that you like to use?
> >
> > xfce4 has a nice toolbar window list why not just stick with that?
>
> It does look nice, but it does get confusing with different launch icons
> and menus that go up and down based on a arrow up or down. Also, I don't
> like how it has toolbar separate from task list taking up extra space. And
> it appears that maximizing windows goes under the toolbar (maybe they call
> it a systray?). I know it can be configured somewhat. But I want something
> simpler but still looks nice.

Fair nuff, persoanlly i would use gnome-panel but it is a bit of a
resource hog, but it is very configurable.

> I have looked at obconf; is there somewhere to add suggestions for obconf?
> Or would obconf accept a patch to support menu configurations?

the guy (Tim - he is a noble gent) who maintains obconf is on this list
but i think you can also post a patch in bugzilla, which may be a better
idea.

> I still can't find the documentation for creating my own themes so I can
> see the customized borders.

ok i don;t want to hawk my own wares but i did accidently made a million
themes http://www.gumerry.co.uk/themes/ they will probably cover most of
teh types of styles and options and things you may want to play with
(some may have cuss words in so don't let the kids see! :)

/david