[openbox] two menu files when using a separate taskbar/launcher and other questions

tim hall tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk
Wed Jul 21 21:34:20 EDT 2004

Last Thursday 22 July 2004 01:39, Jeremy C. Reed was like:
> I am researching using different taskbar/launchers, such as fspanel,
> fbpanel, and taskbar.
>
> Are there others that you like to use?

A lot of people like pypanel too.

> What do you do about having different menu file formats for the launcher
> and openbox?

Learn both.

It's not a huge problem. On Debian, which I use, you can leave the system menu
to do it's own thing and just use the launcher for often used applications,
I'm using fbpanel with openbox - the syntax for building menus is very easy
in fbpanel. I have to confess that getting the system menu to behave nicely
has been a bit of a struggle, but that's a Debian specific problem.

I don't know enough about the rest.

cheers

tim hall