[openbox] Multiple menu files

Mikael Magnusson mangosoft at comhem.se
Tue Jul 13 11:31:23 EDT 2004

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004, Jamin W. Collins wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 05:16:55PM +0200, Mikael Magnusson wrote:

>>> Tried, no change in the end result.  The root-menu is still the only
>>> menu displayed.
>>
>> How are you referencing your personal menu in the root-menu?
>
> I'm not.  I've simply got an additional menu file referenced in the
> <menu> section of the rc.xml file.  How should I be doing it?
>
> --
> Jamin W. Collins

--- my-menu.xml, with your custom menu:

<openbox_menu>

<menu id="test-menu" label="hello there">
   <item label="bar">
     <action name="exit"/>
   </item>
</menu>

</openbox_menu>

--- debian-menu.xml, the one with your root-menu:

<openbox_menu>

<menu id="root-menu" label="openbox">
   <item label="foo">
      <action ...
   </item>
   <menu ..
   ..       more stuff in this
   ..       area i dont care about
   ..
   </menu>
   <menu id="test-menu"/> <!-- this is where your custom menu will be shown -->
</menu>

</openbox_menu>

--
Mikael Magnusson