[openbox] Multiple menu files

Matthew Miller namiller2 at naxs.net
Mon Jul 12 19:53:34 EDT 2004

Hi Jamin,

On Mon, Jul 12, 2004 at 05:21:18PM -0600, Jamin W. Collins wrote:
> I've copied _exactly_ what you have here into
> ~/.config/openbox/my-menu.xml, replacing what was there.  Issued a
> Reconfigure from the existing root-menu, and yet there is only the
> original menu.

I have an idea, check it out and see if it helps you. The way that openbox
behaves when a specified menu file is corrupt is that the default menu file is
loaded. This default file (for me) is in /usr/local/etc/xdg/openbox/. Assuming
that your using linux, after X and openbox start press Ctrl-Alt-Fn to get back
to your terminal. If there were any problems parsing the menu file it will be
listed there.

Some part of the menu files you are using are corrupt and if there not corrupt,
some openbox developer has some code to fix ;)

Take care, Matthew

-- "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit
atrocities"
   -- Voltaire