keybindings in external files

John Russell drjimmy42 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 30 10:28:19 EST 2004

I was poking around config.c to see if it was possible to set
keybindings in an external file and import them in rc.xml a la

<menu>
<file ...>
</menu>

>From the keybinding parsing code it doesn't appear that this is
possible.

I was thinking this could be useful because i use unison to sync up a
lot of stuff between work and home including my openbox settings, but
there are some work specific keybindings that I would like.  I thought I
could do something like

<keyboard>
        <file>local-bindings.xml</file>
        <keybind>
...rest of standard bindings.

Would anyone else find something like this useful or have any reason why
its a stupendously bad idea? Thanks.

John