[openbox] theme question

Ben Jansens xor at orodu.net
Tue Jan 20 15:14:17 EST 2004

On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 02:46:52PM -0500, Jonathan Daugherty wrote:
> # There were but it only complicated the format, with no advantage.
>
> By all means, you can point to the place in the archives where this
> conclusion is reached, but I'm interested to know why you believe
> either.

Discussion was done one IRC, not on the ML.

I tried to find a nice format for XML themes, conspiring with a number of
other people more familiar with XML design. It never got cleaner than the
xrdb format. And the xrdb format *already worked*, and was already
understood by themers.

Recreating the format so everyone has to relearn it would be justified if
new theme abilities were included with the new format. As such, they
weren't, it was just a 1:1 mapping more or less. Hence, it sounded like a
waste of time to me.

Ben