[openbox] theme question

Jesper Louis Andersen jlouis at mongers.org
Tue Jan 20 13:03:03 EST 2004

Quoting Mikael Magnusson (mangosoft at comhem.se):

> There was some talk of this a while back but it was decided against for
> various reasons (ie, i don't remember why :)

The removal of XML from Openbox would be welcome to me. The problem is
that the XML is really just an AST which can be provided by a simple
yacc grammar and give much easier configuration files to edit (by hand).

Using the same grammar file for obConf would not complicate it that
much. Especially not if a tree-walking algorihtm was made to make
changes to the file. That way the file would keep its structure. My bet
is that it is maximally 500 lines of C and it would remove the ugly
dependency on libxml2. Oh, well...

--
j.