Openbox FAQs

Eric Shattow shadow at serverart.org
Mon Jan 19 10:58:22 EST 2004

People use OpenBox3 to do different things. You can run it with or
without a "desktop"  (kde/gnome/xfce/etc.) and a number of themes or
behaviors.  I think that a proper FAQ can and should be accompanied by
example xml configuration files, and screenshots. Examples will explain
what a person did, the goal they were trying to achieve, and how they do it.

...but who has _time_ for that?

How about throwing "openbox at conference.jabber.org" up on the website for
non-development questions?

I wouldn't mind answering a few, however this mailing list is neither
the appropriate place to ask nor answer them. The IRC channel is similar
to this list.

Jabber conferences are inline with the XML-to-be-trendy theme, and are
easily accessible.

Thoughts, comments?     I'll be in the conference.

     - Eric

FAQ # 19:

Q:  It is widely rumored and accepted that developers working on OB are
cranky, heartless, evil overlords with a penchant for crushing all
"useful" features a "modern" windowmanager should obviously have. Is
this true?

A:  Your question is not in the standard 'diff -u' format. Fix it and
try again.